Some days you don’t feel so much human, but more like a piece of laundry.
The message here, I guess one of them anyway, is that you are not alone. I mean, I don’t know everyone, though I know a few thousand, and of those I do know, they all have days when they say they can’t take it anymore, or they admit they’re done with current events. Some of them prefer to drown their doneness with alcohol, others just go on vacation. Sure, there might even be some who go on vacation and drown their doneness with alcohol. I wouldn’t recommend that last one though. I mean, what would be the point of escaping from your major reality and then killing the memory of the escape? Doesn’t seem like a very effective method of relaxation.
Jumping in the mix, the daily grind, the work-week, you get this sense of an endless cycle. Sometimes the walls are too close, they’re keeping you in and someday they’ll even crush you, or so it seems. It seems like the universe is ringing you out right after it throws you around. There’s no winning when something so immense has taken a side against you. And yet…
If you’ve ever had an effective vacation, you know there’s a way to break out of the cycle. It isn’t all hopeless. In fact, it isn’t all hard-set stains and wrinkly wrinkle-free fabrics. It isn’t all endless. There’s a method or two for finding your way out of the spin. You don’t have to be on “Heavy” all the time. Choose the gentle cycle if you want. Take a break. Take a breather.
How? Here are ten ways to find your way out of the universal spin:
- Learn something new. How much do you know about dolphins?
- Walk around the block. Gets you air and new scenes.
- Watch a movie. Yeah, I know, this is a lot like getting drunk, but it’s not totally mind-destroying.
- Read a book. I could say read a good book, but there is something to learn even from trash and/or pulp.
- Say hello to your neighbors. From a distance.
- Discover a new religion. How many religions promote vegetarianism?
- Stay up to watch the sunset. Get up early enough to see the sunrise.
- Create something. Art, music, whatever. Creativity is great activity.
- Help someone else get out of their cycle. Service is an amazing way to find relief from your own troubles.
- Get a little extra rest. Good sleep gives off good vibes, to you and those around you.